Comparing existing evidence from the USA and Europe, with a UK-based study of religion and spirituality, this fascinating book addresses the most pressing question in the study of religion today: are new forms of spirituality overtaking traditional forms of religion?
- Based on the detailed study of religion and spirituality in Kendal, UK
- Compares pioneering findings from Kendal with existing evidence from the USA and Europe
- Provides a theoretical perspective which explains both secularization and sacralization
- Offers some startling predictions about the future of religion and spirituality in the west
- Is written in an accessible and lively style, and will appeal to a broad range of readers interested in the future direction of belief in the western world.